28 October 2009

Blog Surfing- An answer to trials? Who Da Thunk it


For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Rev. 7:17


Being sick means a lot of sleep. Unfortunately, it also means a lot of late night awake time when you start to feel better. So tonight I blog surfed. I don't even know what blog I started on, but I ended up reading through a varied assortment of blogs. From the What NOT to say to a birthmother (which I think has guidelines for everyone if you listen to the intent), to a very tear inducing journal entry that echos a lot of my feelings. I even ended up reading through a few Ensign articles: Infertility, Faith and Personal Growth; Just the Two of Us-For Now; and I Longed to be a Mother. But through all the tears I found peace. I found the peace I have been searching for for a long time. And it's not easy, and I know that my personal trial is not over, and that it's not magically going to go away. But for the first time in a long time, I feel my Savior's love surrounding this trial. I don't feel so alone. I know that there are other couples in our family oriented church that are also struggling with the feeling of denial when it comes to being fruitful. I know that my Redeemer lives, and that my prayers will be answered in His way, not necessarily mine. And I stumbled upon a quote that concisely sums up my feelings:

"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." ~Joseph F. Smith

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the quote! Keep on keepin' on!