30 August 2011

Chicken Nuggets

This little one:

has entered the realm of childhood where chicken nuggets are becoming one of his favorite things. If he doesn't get them once a week he gives me this look:

And since I can't resist that look (really, who can?), it becomes chicken nugget time:

I do not like all the bad things in chicken nuggets, nor the price you pay for them. Luckily I found chicken breast on sale, so it was time to make a big batch. I love having them ready to go in the freezer.

The unevenness is how you know they are homemade! And the paleness shows off the baking instead of frying. Someday I will master a golden brown in the oven.

Matthew decided to show (tease) Stitch with one. And he can't smile in the last one as his mouth is full of chicken nugget.

My job as a semi-healthy mom is done for now.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Good work! I've never even thought of making my own chicken nuggets.