02 January 2011

Live A Little Better

Resolutions get broken. Especially New Years ones. I think we are programmed to follow New Years Resolutions for about 7-10 days and then quit. As it's something the whole country is doing, we feel justified. So, instead I have decided on a few things to do in order to live a little better.

1. Get my body in shape. This has the side benefit of increasing my wardrobe.

2. Have a dinner plan. I love to cook, and thoroughly enjoy it. But I want a plan so I can stop having to veto a recipe because it required overnight marinating, or defrosting, etc.

3. Have a clean (enough) house. I printed out my list. I found a 1/2 size clipboard for it. I'm ready to go.

4. Spend time reading and playing outside with Matthew daily. The benefits of time can never be given back. I suppose that in the worst snowstorms, or when he is super sick, I'll have to stick to the reading, but I want to increase our outdoor time. Especially with the park in walking distance.

5. 365 Photo Challenge. This has the benefit of forcing me to learn how to use my camera to it's best potential. It also has the possibility of driving me batty. If I get stuck on subjects, there may be a lot of dinner pictures.

6. Focus. I have one project and one organizing goal a month. This way I won't get overwhelmed.

2 comments:

Drewmeister said...

sounds like a good plan. I haven't set any goals yet, but I do know I want to make some small goals rather than large ones.

ellen said...

I'm looking forward to the photos!